Sunday, December 22, 2013

On the Eleventh Day of Cardmas, My Mistress Gave to Me...


...11 Manuels Posing,

10 Uppers Decking,
9 Ballers Balling,
8 Press-a-Passes,
7 Dueling Blasters,
6 Hobby Chromes,
5 Value Things,
4 Golfy Tigers,
3 Rack Packs,
2 Magic Cards,
A Mega Box with Topps Chrome!


I somehow managed to amass 11 packs that had EJ Manuel on the cover.


I had 5 of the 2013 Elite packs and 6 of the 2013 Platinum packs, all hobby.  At least Geno was on 6 of them to make sure there were enough interceptions for everybody.


I wouldn't mind opening a box of Elite, but 2013 probably wouldn't be my choice.  The base card aren't very exciting. 


I got one rookie, numbered to 799.

The coolest card I pulled was this clear plastic Hard Hats insert numbered to 299:

 

The bottom corners on this thing are dangerous.

I did get a hit out of one of the Elite packs:


Meh. 

I don't know why I bought so many packs of Platinum.  I really don't know why. 


Rookies, not bad. They're pretty nice.


Te'o Xfractor.  Xfractors always look nice.



Then there's these ugly pieces of shit. What the hell.  Bad.


This was the only good card in the bunch.  It's a camo die cut.  The only problem is, JPP isn't rookie, nor are many of the players found in this set.  But, Topps decided to slap a RC logo on there anyway.  I guess it technically is JPP's first camo die cut card, but I'm not sure that's how the rules work.  Anyway, that's all for today. 

Tune in tomorrow for the 12th day extravaganza.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

see through cards are cool, except when they are of Dolphins...still cool to look at though :)