Saturday, June 29, 2013

2012 SP Authentic Football

I picked up a handful of hobby packs from the LCS because I'm a sucker for licensed college cards.


 
 
Besides, who can resist taking a shot at the 2012 rookies? 
 
 
 
 
I usually like action shots with real backgrounds, but these are pretty interesting.  It's a simple design, but effective.  I would have like it more if they left the player's first name off.  The small print at the top is pointless.
 
I was really happy to see one base card in particular:
 

This is my first Jarrett Boykin card, and the Nike Pro Combat jerseys look good on this one.

Inserted in the packs are '94 SP retro cards, and I got one:


It's pretty nice looking in person.  The scan sucks.

UD also threw in Canvas Collection cards.  These cards are really thick and have a good handfeel (mouthfeel?).


Lasly, I have to show the surprise of the packs.  I bought enough to have a good chance at a hit, and I got a pretty good one, though it's a redemption:

The redemption sticker printer must have been having a bad day, because it's almost unreadable.  Since you probably can't see what it says:

"Product Name: 2012 SP AUTHENTIC FOOTBALL BASE AUTO GOLD // CD# 7 #'D TO 15"
"Player Name: DONT'A HIGHTOWER"

That's pretty awesome to get a Gold Auto #/15 of a former Alabama standout and current New England Patriot.  He had a pretty good season last year, and it sounds like he has loads of potential.  I've redeemed the card, and I've seen one on eBay, so that should mean I'll get it pretty quick. 

I love opening packs, so it's icing on the cake when you get a nice pull like this.  I believe this is my third lowest serial number behind a printing plate I pulled in my last group break and a Deron Williams auto #/10. 





No comments: