Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Target $1.59 Pack

I had completely sworn off buying 2008 Stadium Club because I've been lucky enough to pull two autographs (Evan Longoria RC AU, Jason Bartlett Beam Team AU) out of Target cheap packs and I figured the chances of pulling anything worthwhile were pretty slim.  I was buying a pack of 2008 Topps Chrome (that didn't yield anything good) and saw one lonely Stadium Club pack, so I caved and bought it.  Believe it or not, I pulled my third Target 2008 Stadium Club loose pack autograph, in the form of a Brandon Phillips Beam Team Black and White, #'ed to 99.


















The Beam Team cards have a stained-glass style see-through background, which is pretty cool, but I don't really understand the Black and White version.  Why would you have a stained glass design without color.  I mean, I like the card a lot; I just don't get the design variation.  They also made a gold variation that also seems like a waste of the design.

No comments: