Thursday, September 18, 2014

2014 Topps Chrome Baseball Hobby Box

I went to the LCS to grab a few packs and ended up buying a box.  Such is life.


I sold all of my base cards in a lot on eBay.  I'm finding that is a smart move for me these days for hobby boxes.  My wife prefers that I don't add big stacks of cards to my collection.  I also sold some of the better cards in the box.  I'll note which ones I sold, and the rest are available for trade.

Refractors:







Zoom out on the Ortiz and it's a great card.  The Springer card is awesome.

XFractors:



All X-Fractors are gorgeous.  The Bethancourt is cool, but I have to chastise the photographer for not observing the national anthem.

Sold
The Black refractors (#/99) look really nice as usual.


These 1989 Topps cards throw back to my childhood.  Other than that, I don't really care about them.


Holy Dodger Die Cuts.  Die cuts are cool just because they're different.  These may be a little too different.

Sold

These Topps Shelf cards are a thing of beauty.  It's a shame these are 1-per-box, because they make a great set.

Lastly, we get to my 2 autos:


Polanco is a good auto to get and Odor is a refractor #/499.  I sold both of them.  You always hope for a color refractor, but overall it was a decent break.

2 comments:

Tony L. said...

Let me know what you're looking for in exchange for the Gomez Refractor (off dot hiatus dot baseball at gmail). My buying of Topps Chrome has left me pretty much refractorless.

night owl said...

I sure would enjoy any Kershaw card you featured there.