Friday, August 17, 2012

Olympics contest winner announced!

...but first, I have to show off a couple of trades I made for some 2012 Olympic cards:

First, Justin sent me a stack of cards, including these:


Phil Dalhausser and Todd Rogers really let me down this year.

I also received a want-list busting stack from Casey:


There is a lot of hot in that group.  I also gotta give a shout-out to the Mike Morrison card.  Mike is from my hometown of Chesapeake, VA and went to my rival high school, Great Bridge.

Thanks for the cards, guys.  I still have some needs, so check them out and let me know if you have any.


On to the contest results:

19 folks entered, guessing 10 different countries.  The closest guesses were Play at the Plate (US, 105 medals) and Corky (Ireland, 6 medals) who were both off by 1.  While Play at the Plate's guess was certainly impressive, it is a tie.  As a tie breaker, they guessed the number of gold medals.  Play at the Plate guessed 36 (US had 46) and Corky guessed 0 (Ireland had 1).  So, the tie breaker goes to Corky. 

Congrats Corky, please send me an email and I'll get your prize out soon!

1 comment:

Play at the Plate said...

Congrats to Corky. Thanks for the great contest Spankee!