Sunday, February 26, 2012

Half a fortnight after the fortnight of 2012 Topps

It's been a week since I wrapped up my "fortnight" posts, so I should show off some more 2012 Topps.  I picked up a rack pack and a retail pack this week.  The retail pack would make a Braves fan proud, or jealous, really.


I can't imagine that Hudson hanging around too long.  It's one of the more popular photos from the set and this one is the Target red parallel, that just looks absolutely sick on a braves card.  These were definitely a cool pair of cards to pull from a pack I just tossed in the shopping cart.

As for the rack pack, the Yankees really dominated the show:


Really, 4 Yankees inserts? That's nuts.  Of course, not all of the cards were Yankees.


That Howard is awesome.  I'm sure it will end up in Dawgbones' pile, if he wants it.

I might have to grab a jumbo at the LCS to cap off my Series 1 experience.

One card in the rack pack did make me laugh:


My guess is that he was in the on-deck circle, and the coach called him back to the bench and sent in a pinch hitter.  That's the only reason I can think of that the fans would be excited to see him.

1 comment:

Play at the Plate said...

That's a funny Dunn comment.