Friday, February 3, 2012

Before I start posting about 2012 Topps...

...I just want to point out one positive note.  There aren't many things that I'm super happy about in 2012 Topps.  There is one thing I am happy about that I haven't seen anyone point out. 

There isn't an entire set of reprints this year.  That's right, we don't have to worry about pulling a reprint of a 2011 card in 2012.  We don't have to worry about regular backs or original backs or cards of guys from the '20s on card designs from the '80s. 

No longer do I have to get a 2009 Topps Rick Porcello reprint to replace the one my mom threw out since I am 40 years old and still live with my mom and she's too stupid to know that I love my 2009 Topps Rick Porcello because it has a book value of $2.50.

That makes me happy. 

Oh yeah... Night Owl, of course this year is the surfboard set.  I mean, Topps gave us waves in 2010.  It's about damn time they gave us a board:


The way Braun is looking at that kid puts the PED in pedophile.


My wife bought be 6 retail packs and 1 hanger pack of 2012 Topps.  I plan to have so many posts about them it'll make you sick...although the going theme seems to be that it only takes about one post to really make someone sick of 2012 Topps. 

1 comment:

dayf said...

Hah! Surfboard set. Print it!