Sunday, November 4, 2012

Birthday Blaster


I had some b-day money burning a hole in my pocket and happened to be at Wal-Mart.  One thing lead to another, and let's just say, I "got to know" a blaster. 

The most important base card I got:


The standard insert fare:


...and some gold:


In case you don't believe I got these at Wal-Mart, here are the blue parallels:


Chances are, you really only came to this post to see which patch I got. 



I was very pleased to get the Cabrera, as it's one of the better ones to get. 

However,  must say this one thing:

The Triple Crown is overrated.  I'm not saying it isn't a great accomplishment or a rare occurrence.  I'm saying it is massively overrated.  Because of the Triple Crown, Miguel Cabrera is going to win an MVP award that he shouldn't.  Mike Trout should overwhelmingly be the MVP this year.  The most underrated stat this year: Mike Trout's 49 stolen bases.  Miguel Cabrera was the best hitter this year, but he wasn't the most valuable player.

Also, as great a hitter as Cabrera is, he watched a fastball go by for the last pitch of the World Series.  If he had swung and missed, it would have been fine.  But, to just watch it go by was terrible.

1 comment:

(...Joe) said...

Ooo, I would enjoy that Harvey Gold! I still have those Zimmermans if you wanted to include that in the swap?

If I had a vote, I'd say that Cabrera is the MVP. Although Trout was much much better defensively and he somehow missed out on a Gold Glove this year.