Friday, July 10, 2020

I bought a pack of cards

Oh, hey guys.  I bought a pack of cards.  Doesn't happen that much these days.  A lot of the guys I collect have moved on to greener pastures, and it's hard to get into it for me now.  I have other hobbies, too, that I'm putting my time into. It's all so exhausting.  But, the itch never fully goes away.  My old scanner no longer works, which is probably the greatest cause for my never posting on here.


The Nats beat the Stros in the World Series last year.   I know that, because I googled it.  I was pretty sure, but couldn't remember if that was definitely last year or not.  I'm getting older and my brain confuses me. It's all so exhausting. And, of course, we've been in 2020 for what feels like a lifetime. I know who both of these guys are.


I didn't know Yu was a Cub.  And I think he is the only of the 9 above that I know anything about. Maybe Maikel Franco was on the Phillies? I vaguely remember from Allen & Ginter of years past.


These cards are horizontal. I knew that.


This is apparently the best card in the pack (Var SP Yeah You Know Me).  That would be cool if it wasn't ugly as shit. Wasn't there also a racism thing or something with Hader's tweets one time?  I can't keep track of it all; it's all so exhausting.



Then there's these two cards that make me grin ear-to-ear.  Votto Chrome Turkey Red is just an awesome looking card.  Doesn't hurt that he's one of the best players and arguably the most underrated players of the last 10-15 years.  Lastly, there's a new Zim for my collection. One pack, one PC card.  Gotta love it.  I don't feel like I deserved a good pack when I haven't posted anything in ages.  

I won't be buying my usual case of A&G this year.  I'll miss it but don't feel up to the time commitment that comes with it.  I'm also trying to get up the energy to cut my cardboard footprint in half, but they're all upstairs.

It's all so exhausting.

No comments: