Monday, August 9, 2010

More Allen and Ginter Rack Pack Magic

I was checking out the 2010 Allen and Ginter Rack Packs at Wal-Mart the other day and noticed that one of them had the mini card on the back.  Most of the rack packs have the minis buried between the base cards, so I was interested in the pack, since the Albert Pujols Celestial Stars mini I pulled a few weeks ago was also on the back.  Well, the guess paid off, as I pulled another Celestial Stars card from a Wal-Mart rack pack.  This time, it was Prince Fielder. 















I don't know if there is a specific reason Topps decided to put the Celestial Stars in the backs of the rack packs, but it seems to be a trend.  As for the rest of the pack:

194 Nyjer Morgan
274 Nick Markakis
273 David DeJesus
145 Jim Thome
123 Mariano Rivera
105 Nicolaus Copernicus (I dig the space guy, though the picture is a little creepy)
199 Summer Sanders
201 Pablo Sandoval
292 Chris Petit
344 Derek Holland SP
TDH66 Curtis Granderson This Day in History

Not much in the pack, but I'm ecstatic to pick up another Celestial Stars mini in a cheap rack pack.

No comments: